Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prayers and Thoughts: Two Links

Today's posting will be short--I'll suspend my usual silliness in light of some sad news and the power of a wonderful writer's prose.


I think everyone who reads this blog has probably already read about the tragedies that struck Chanticleer Gardens, but just in case you haven't, Gardening Gone Wild has asked gardeners to send condolences to the families and friends of the two young men who died--you can follow this link for more information and the appropriate comments page.


And here is a beautiful piece that Salix found, strangely enough in the Wall Street Journal, called "Back to the Garden."

Peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cosmo-

Thanks so much for linking back to your site for the Chanticleer condolences. It was very kind of you. And yes, Dominique Browning's words and descriptions are quite magnificent. Thank you for sharing the article. I had not seen it before. Fran

Cosmo said...

I was happy to post the link, Fran--it's such a tiny gesture given what the families must be going through. And wow, yes, I thought Browning's piece was incredible--I wish my prose flowed like that (my prose doesn't "flow"--it comes out more like hard clay . . . )You all have a great site, and I'm so glad I found it--and I still have a few days to write my whimsy posting!

Gail said...

Cosmo,

I am so very glad you posted about the loss at Chanticleer... such a major loss of two fine young men!

A friend came by specially to leave me the hardcopy of the Browning article...I loved it! The link will lewt others read it, too.

Gail

Rose said...

Cosmo, Thank you for letting us know about this tragedy. I can't imagine what their families must be going through.
I'll come back when I have a little more time to read the article from the Wall Street Journal.

Cosmo said...

Gail & Rose--I hope the long list of condolences on the GGW site brings those who are grieving just a moment of solace--I think Fran Sorin had a wonderful idea in letting the families know that so many people were thinking of them.